Kustom Kulture continues to grow in its 8th year running
Art of Speed, Malaysia’s premier Old-Skool & Kustom Kultureevent, returns for its 8th iteration in 2019, bringing with it a showcase of locally-built customised cars and bikes, art gallery, interactive activities and exciting lucky draw giveaways that visitors have come to enjoy.
With a high crowd expectation exceeding 40,000 visitors across two days, Art of Speed 2019 (AOS 2019) will once again take center stage at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang (MAEPS), on 27 July 2019 (10:00 am – 11:00 pm) and 28 July 2019 (10:00 am – 7:00 pm).
A big highlight of Art of Speed is the support from international custom community and media including:
1948 FL Harley-Davidson Custom “StG Nautilus” by HOT DOCK.
1961 Ford Falcon Sedan Delivery “PANTASTIC”.
Every year we aim to help inspire locals by bringing in highly modified ‘kustom’ vehicles from overseas, and AOS 2019 continues this tradition with several CQQL bikes and cars from Japan for the show. This year’s featured vehicles include:
Geoffrey Douglas Baldwin from Return of the Café Racers; Australia.
KEIJI KAWAKITA from HOT DOCK.
KENGO KIMURA from HEIWA MOTORCYCLE
MARLON SLACK from PIPEBURN.
SHAIK RIDZWAN of The Mighty Motor
PAN SUMI and his car PANTASTIC
Special highlights for AOS 2019 will include:
1. Art of Speed Invitational Car Build Off 2019 powered by PETRONAS, which will feature 7 builders vying for the RM10,000 cash prize (jury selection) & RM5,000.00 cash prize (public choice).
The competing builders are:
The winning car of the Sabah Old School Mega Gathering 2019 will also be shipped in as special featured guest vehicle of the Invitational Car Build Off.
2. Hot Wheels will be at AOS 2019 with Global Hot Wheels Lead Designer (Premium and Collector Segments) Steve Vandervate. Coming all the way from the United States, Steve will hold a meet and greet at the event. He will be unveiling the Japan Historics 3 series, which will be released in 2020 under the theme "Legendary Japanese Cars". Life-sized Nissan Skyline R31 and Honda City Turbo II along with prototype of the diecast will be showcased for attendees during the event. There will be a media walkabout at 10am so please register early at 9am for this exclusive experience!
3.Hausboom, in collaboration with Hot Wheels, will present an official 1:1 scale New Beetle Gen 1 as a prize give away for a lucky Hausboom consumer at the show. This official collaboration is the first of its kind in South East Asia. The Beetle will be designed and built by 405 Industries, the studio arm of Art of Speed Malaysia.
4. VANS will be showcasing a tribute to “Era”, a line of shoes that goes back to 1976. This special exhibition will be featured in Hall A. VANS will also host a skate clinic and families with children can join to learn how to skateboard with equipments provided. This year Sound Circus is also proudly supported by VANS, which promises a line-up of A-list performers at this music festival.
5. Hail Vintage is back to AOS 2019 and will be hosted in Hall C, featuring a vintage work wear exhibition and 16 specialist vendors. This year’s exhibition will feature even more collectible vintage items to the tune of RM2 million.
6. Keshy Dhillon from Bikesrepublic.com will be this year’s host for our annual Kustom & Koffee Talk inside Hall A at 3pm on Saturday, together with overseas panelists Oliver Jones Grayson from The Cutrate and Matt Everingham from The Speedhunters. The forum will discuss the latest trends in bike and car industries.
Other AOS 2019 activities include:
With music being an instrumental segment of Art of Speed, the main stage of AOS (known as ‘Sound Circus’) will be moved outdoors in order to accommodate an ever-increasing music fanbase. This year’s Sound Circus* line-up will feature Hujan as the main headline together with upcoming bands Bittersweet, Masdo, Gerhana Ska Cinta, Kapow and many others on Saturday & Sunday featuring Asheed Def Gab C, Kid Search and headline, Blues Gang.
*Sound Circus on Saturday is strictly for ages 18 years old and above ONLY!
Completing the show on Sunday will be the highly coveted lucky draw giveaway where a lucky winner will go home with ONE (1) unit Mini Cooper fully customized by FNG Works with a Suzuki Hayabusa engine. The winners of Best of Show motorcycle and automobile categories will win package trips to the 28thAnnual MOONEYES Yokohama Hotrod and Custom Show this coming December as the Guest of Honour.
AOS 2019 will beintroducing the Speed Lane ticket, which opens one hour earlier at 10am; priced at RM50 valid for both days. Visitors can enjoy one extra hour inside the main hall and Hall C. Speed Lane ticket holders are also entitled to enter Sound Circus outdoor concert. The regular weekend ticket(without Sound Circus outdoor concert) priced at RM20 willalsobeon sale. Online tickets are available at https://aos.qtic.my
“Every year there’s a challenge which prompts us to aim further and raise the bar higher, but there’s also reward and satisfaction when you look at how far our local scene has come and how it continues to grow,” said Asep Ahmad Iskandar, Founder of Art of Speed Malaysia.
“As we continue to grow with the scene, so does Art of Speed as it enters its 8thyear running. New and returning visitors can continue to enjoy this year’s show with an air-conditioned 150,000 square feet hall housing a Show and Shine competition for customs and classics in Hall A, NEAT Fest in Hall C in collaboration with NoEqual, the Sound Circus outdoor concert with line-up of A-list performers,Moto Circus art gallery featuring local and international artists,family-friendly activities for parents and children by VANS and many more at Art of Speed 2019.”
Check out the Highlight video event from Art Of Speed 2018 !