Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, renowned as ‘the world’s largest fish market’ is significant not only by its scale but more by its unique role it has played in Japanese food culture. All the best fish around the world, about 2,000 tons of fish worth sixteen million dollars arrive at Tsukiji every morning. There are about seven hundred intermediate whole sellers called “nakaoroshi” running their own fish shops under one roof.
Nakaoroshi are fish experts with origins dating all the way back to the 16th century. Each nakaoroshi specializes in a certain category, such as tuna, shrimp or eel and their way of business, skills and knowledge in handling fish is passed down from generation to generation even to this day.
Located right next to Ginza in central Tokyo, they have catered to the needs of demanding professionals and Tsukiji’s effort to offer the best quality fish for their customers never ceases. Through the lives of professional working at Tsukiji, the film will portray how Tsukiji has been the center of fish culinary culture and helped Japanese food culture to flourish as we know it today.
With Tsukiji moving from current location to Toyosu in 2016, its critical to capture this unique fish market in its current state. It is our great hope that this film helps tell the rich cultural story of Tsukiji so it can be carried on for the future.
This film is presented to you by Astro A-List Channel 456.
Win Tickets to Tsukiji Wonderland
Screen capture the write-up on our app/website with mobile phone of the GSC International Screens title – TSUKIJI WONDERLAND in Aforadio website http://www.aforadio.com/movie to win screening passes.
- Present the snapshot of the write-up from mobile and redeem your passes at GSC Mid Valley ( Priority Lane Counter ) from August 30, 2017 (Wednesday) at 10:00 a.m until September 6, 2017 (Wednesday), 9:00p.m onwards to redeem two (2) International Screen - TSUKIJI WONDERLAND in preview screening tickets.
- Redemption is on first-come, first-served basis.
- TWO (2) Tickets per 1 snapshot of the write up.
- Maximum two (2) passes per person while stock last.
- Valid only on the 6th September 2017 (Wenesday)
Date : 6th September 2017 (Wednesday)
Location : GSC Mid Valley @ Hall 16
Time : 9:00 p.m
* Terms and Condition apply